Dzongkhag Statistics Unit.
- “To provide high quality statistical products and services to support social and economic development of the country."
- To provide relevant, reliable and timely statistics to facilitate planning and evidence-based decision making.
- Collect data and update them at regular intervals in the Dzongkhags and maintain a comprehensive Dzongkhag statistical datatbase.
- Compile and produce reports and publication of “Dzongkhag Statistical Profile”.
- In collaboration with the NSB to coordinate and control statistical activities at the Dzongkhag and Gewog levels.
- Focal point for dissemination of Dzongkhag/Gewog level information.
- Coordination. Collection and Compilation of primary data collection in Dzongkhags.
- Prepare statistical work plan and budget for statistical activities in Dzongkhags and Gewogs.
- Validate, assure sound definitions, concepts and classifications for statistical surveys and data collection.
- Coordinate with the Dzongkhag Sector Officials in generating information.
- Provide technical assistance to Dzongkhag Sectors and Gewogs.
- Ensure timely collection of data at the Dzongkhag level.
Dzongkhag Statistics Unit Activities
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) data collection (Monthly & Quarterly)
- International Comparison Program data collection (Monthly & Quarterly)
- Annual Dzongkhag Statistics (ADS) data collection
- Dzongkhag/Gewog at a Glance (DAG) data collection
- LG Portal/Gewog Level Database data collection/validation
- Collect, Compile and Publish Dzongkhag/Gewog Statistical Profile
- Monitor and Supervise National Survey and Census conduct by National Statistics Bureau/Ministries/Agencies
- APA Internal Review Committee Member.