Education sector with the support of the Dagana Dzongkhag had initiated as Videography activities for the Higher Secondary schools with the vision of Digitalization and Promotion of the creativity by exploring and engaging students in discovering 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐀 and reviving the local legends which are fading away with times. Education sector Dagana envisage to build technology augmented school learning environment and strives to establish a Videography and Media clubs in all the schools by phases.
The learning of the children entirely depends upon the opportunity, the learning platform one is provided. School children are to learn from the place they live in, the history, the legends and the values, the
morals. the school children will capture the dying legends through the drama and videography for the HSS, MSS, LSS, also primary schools. Children will discover the place and preserve the glory of past and contributing to fulfill mission of Dagana Dzongkhag Discovering DAGANA mission.
Primary schools had school level competitions on the local folklores through roleplays and the Lower Secondary had carried out competitions on Dramatization on the local folklores and higher secondary and middle secondary had competition on the videography. The following officers were the judge of the events. Mr. Dorji Wangchuk DHO, Ms. Tshering Yangchen DBO , Mr. Kishore Chhetri DSO, Mr. Tashi Gyeltshen DT.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞:
1. Daga Higher Secondary School ( Biography Zhabdrung Sungtruel,
2. Dagapela Middle Secondary School (JUMO DARKARMA, the main deity of Dagana)
3. Drukjeygang Higher Secondary School The priceless gift (Biography of Dupthop Yeshey Phuntsho of Drujeygang)
4. Tsangkha Middle Secondary School ( The origin of Tsangkhartsho )
5. Gesarling Higher Secondary School (The origin of Name of the place from His Majesty “Gesarling “ )
6. Lhamoizingkha Middle Secondary School The Pelden Lhamoi Latsho( The Soul lake of Mahakali )
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰:
Dagapela Middle secondary school won the first prize with the legend titled 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎 and Daga Higher Secondary school with second prize with title 𝐁𝐢𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐙𝐡𝐮𝐛𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐤𝐡𝐚 and Third prize by Gesarling Higher Secondary School with title 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. All the participating schools were supplied with the cannon camera for the establishment of the Videography club and Students videography skill enhancement for the world class citizens.